The Partnership announces its upcoming travel time, projects, and fundraising efforts.
The traveling team has decided to make another trip to Yvon, Haiti at the end of October 2017.
At this time, the team has tentatively scheduled four days of mobile health clinics for each of the communities of Yvon and Sobier, distribution of water filters in another community, and the community meal following our time of worship in celebration of the work we have done together.
The team may also be able to fund roof replacement/repair and/or new home construction for homeless families.
Another project might be the funding of another micro-credit bank in Sobier; training has already been completed.
There are several upcoming events where there will be opportunities for you to become a financial partner with our Haiti Partnership Mission Team to support the various anticipated work projects:
- Green Fair on the west lawn of St. Francis Convent in Little Falls on Wednesday, August 2, 4 – 8 PM
- Summerfest at the Scandia Valley Town Hall on Saturday, August 5, 10 AM – 5 PM
- Jumpin’ Jehosafats Concert at Motley UMC on Friday, August 11, 6 PM Free Will Donation to Benefit Haiti Partnership Projects
- Timbs & Schimpps Concert scheduled for Saturday, August 26, 6:30 PM
Brats, Chips, and Drink Available for Purchase Following Both Concerts Benefitting Motley UMC Outreach
- Motley UMC Men’s Club Fish Fry on Friday, September 1 with serving to begin at 4 PM
- Little Falls Arts and Craft Fair located in the Shoppes of Little Falls store on Saturday, September 9, 8 – 6 & Sunday, September 10, 9 – 4
At each of these events Haitian products, primarily metal art and coffee, will be available for purchase plus a donation box for your financial support. All contributions at these events will benefit the chosen projects the team will work on while in Yvon and the surrounding communities of the Miragoane Circuit in Haiti.